John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

11/17/2005

Satisfaction?

So, I was all gung-ho about leaving Effingham recently. Just begging for a job in Chicago radio. Then everything would be perfect. I'd be getting more money, a bigger apartment with a view of Lake Michigan and I'd be closer to all of my family and friends.
Now, that's on the back burner. Why? I am trying to figure that all out myself. Am I growing content with what I have? I am working in radio. It isn't the station I want to be at, but I worked worse jobs in Chicago. Much worse. Verizon Wireless and a string of temp jobs.
Does Ashley play a part in this? Perhaps. But, my laziness I think is a bigger factor. Sure she's great. And I enjoy seeing her. But, if a Chicago station called me up tomorrow, I'd leave. I guess it just stems from the fact that I don't want to put forth the effort of finding another job again.
Oh, and found out that Ashley bought my Christmas present today. Or maybe it was last night. Either way, it's bought. I haven't even got used to the fact that Thanksgiving is next week and she's already got something under a tree for me. I brought up the fact that we haven't known each other that long, how could she possibly have a present for me while knowing me for that short of time?
She reminded me that her mother, friends and she had been listening to me for years on the radio. I forget that people are out there sometimes. I know it sounds strange, but I forget that at any given time 200-500,000 people can hear me. And they know A LOT more about me than I do about them. I'm not afraid to discuss anything on the air. As a matter of fact, I bet everyone reading this has been a topic of one of my discussions at one point or another. Or at least were a supporting member of a point I was making.
You have to let me know what can and can't be on the air when talking with me, otherwise, it's fair game. Also, I have the ability to record voice mails, so those can be legally aired whenever I feel like it as well. Just be fore-warned! Don't drunk dial me something hysterical, or all of Effingham and the 15 counties around it will know about your drunk ass!
Ah. See why my job isn't that bad?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home