John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

7/02/2006

An Explanation

It has been over a month since I last wrote and I’m here to explain what has been going on.
Many of you assumed that I was tossed in jail for beating the hell out of some anti-Americans. I appreciate the e-mails, concern and commitment to the same cause. No, I didn’t go to jail. And you may note that the original post has been deleted. The reason I did that is to respect the memory of whom it was written about.
Instead I have been in a constant run. There was so much that needed to be done for the station. Anyone that happened to call me at one of the few moments of free time knew just how busy I was. There were so many events going on and I was orchestrating each of them. Delegation was difficult due to the shortened schedules of the part timers and interns. When you are the only full time employee with some of your co-workers only working about 3 hours a week, there isn’t much that you can have them handle.Then my schedule opened up dramatically last Tuesday when I was asked to leave the station. Yup. Somehow I got fired. I can’t go into the details in such a public form, but I can tell you that it sucks. So the past few days have been a string of naps, peanut butter and jelly sand witches and beer. It actually has been a nice forced vacation.
And already progress has been made in several arenas. I’m planning on moving in with my friend Rick. I am in talks with several potential new jobs (which has shocked the hell out of me) and should be completely out of Effingham by the end of the month. I’m going to miss a lot of the friends that I have made down there. Those who I met the first time and those that I just met recently.
So, that is the re-cap in a nutshell. Obviously a lot more stuff went on, but I think it is always best to look forward and progress instead of dwelling on the past. So, onward in this adventure, friends. Wow, that sounded cheezy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home