John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

1/21/2007

MY Christmas Morning.

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night.
Most nights it would have been REALLY easy to fall asleep after working for 13-14 hours straight, but last night was different.
This morning I woke up shortly before 10. Why? Not sure. But, I couldn't get back to sleep, even though I didn't need to be up for a while.
I realize now that today is like Christmas to me.
I wait for it for so long (how many years has it been) and when it finally arrives, I'm so excited I can't sleep. I can't wait for kick-off. I can't wait for Gould to give us some field goals and Grossman to toss a few long bombs to Moose. Very shortly Jones will be bobbing and weaving through the Saint's defence and Urlacher will be making Breeze wish he hadn't gone to N.O.

I will be doing everything possible to help them win:

I sit on the right side of the couch.
I wear my official 2005-2006 Coach's polo. I have to have this on at least a half hour before gametime.
I also have on my official 2006-2007 sideline Bears hat on.
I don't watch a second of the game on my own TV (last year I bought it for the play offs and we didn't go anywhere after game one.)
And a few other rituals that I can't post here for fear that the enemy is paying attention.


I really hope that they win today. If they don't it will be as if The Grinch has stolen my Christmas and then punched me in the jaw.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home