John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

1/20/2009

New Thoughts

It's over.
Obama's sworn in.
Did I vote for him? Nope. But, he is our president. For the next four years he will lead this country. I must respect that. Do I like it? Nope. But, I defiantly respect it. I respect him, the office and above all, the country.
I sincerly hope (no pun intended) that he does remarkable things for this country. I hope that through his leadership that America comes out on top and proves to the world why it is the best country in the world. Maybe, just maybe, he is what we need right now. Only time will tell.
With a democratic president and a democratic congress, perhaps they can show what they are made of and put together something incredible that we weren't able to see before this.
Perhaps we will get out of the financial mess that we are in. Maybe we will be able to offer universal health care for everyone. Hopefully we will be able to say that today is better than yesterday and tomorrow offers nothing but greatness.
I hope above all else that this administration does great things for America. I hope they make us proud. I hope they accomplish great things and that this gives them confidence for greater things.
While I may not agree with all that they stand for, I will stand with them and respect them as the current administration. I do not wish them ill. I do not hope that they falter. I pray for success and the assistance from God that will prove necessary in these tough times.
I challenge everyone who is in my position to do the same. While we may not have enjoyed the outcome, we must face the fact that bitching and moaning about it won't do anything. (Thus, I deleted many recent posts on this blog.) If this country comes together and works toward a common goal of bettering the day-to-day life of the average American, which I believe both sides want, then nothing but great things will occur.
May God bless Barack Obama, his family, his supporters and above all - America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home