John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

2/18/2009

Pope and Pelosi

Recently House Speaker Nancy Pelosi met with Pope Benedict XVI. (Click here for the article.) They discussed many things, but the one thing that Pope Benedict XVI stressed was that Catholics, as politicians, should work toward outlawing abortion. He even went on to say that should they support abortion, they should abstain from receiving holy communion. Here is the press releases from each of their camps:

Pope Benedict XVI:

"His Holiness took the opportunity to speak of the requirements of the natural moral law and the Church's consistent teaching on the dignity of human life from conception to natural death which enjoin all Catholics, and especially legislators, jurists and those responsible for the common good of society, to work in cooperation with all men and women of good will in creating a just system of laws capable of protecting human life at all stages of its development."

Pelosi:

“It is with great joy that my husband, Paul, and I met with his Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI today.
“In our conversation, I had the opportunity to praise the Church's leadership in fighting poverty, hunger, and global warming, as well as the Holy Father's dedication to religious freedom and his upcoming trip and message to Israel.
“I was proud to show his Holiness a photograph of my family's Papal visit in the 1950s, as well as a recent picture of our children and grandchildren.”

For some reason I don't think Pelosi got the message.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home