John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

10/28/2005

Waiting...

Nothing really going on right now. Stuff happened in the past, and stuff will happen in the future. But, as of right now... nothing really. Last night was a productive evening. I finished up my talk that I'm giving for a retreat program. And then Yolanda came over to spend some quality time with me. I then layed on the couch in a constant state of half awake watching TV. It was one of those experiences where you hear the TV and your mind puts images to the picture. And of course your mind is never anything like what the show is. I'll be hearing an episode of "Family Ties" and have it acted out by Squirels in the rain forest looking for a great cheese cake recipe.
Also people that I know and hang out with today will show up. Or someone who I haven't thought about or seen in 18 years will be the evil French chef holding out on the recipie preventing Alex from saving the world from the disguised Oak trees.
Now, let me explain myself. I had the aide of the TV pushing these dreams. PLUS I am in a creative industry where my mind has to constantly be tweeked slightly in order for survival. If I ever realized that my job consists of primarily pop culture and fart jokes, I don't know if I could take it. That's why radio people are always a bit stranger than regular people. And I do mean regular people. We are far from that.
For example, while I'm writing this, I'm also taking requests. What other job has that? Except for a help desk. Just had a call asking when trick-or-treating is going to be done for one of the neighboring towns. Accountants never get this. You've never seen a scientist in a white jacket taking Alan Jackson songs down on his clipboard.
Eh. It's a job. Not an important on in the grand scheme of things, but what little I do (hopefully) brings some joy to others.
So, I'm awaiting the party tomorrow night. Always a good event. Rick goes out of his way to deck out his entire house in Halloween crap. Not a single inch is left unturned. It's all black or orange. Plus there are going to be several people there that I haven't seen in a while. And some people that I've never met.
Well, time to go back to pretending to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home