John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

11/28/2005

This Extended Weekend

I realized that I haven't posted on here much recently, so I thought I'd fill ya all in on my exciting life. On Wed I was going to leave for Chicago for the 4 day weekend, but was too tired after work and didn't want to risk driving. So I just hung out at home that evening.
Started off for Chicago at about 11ish, giving me plenty of time to make it to Thanksgiving dinner. I was about 2/3rds of the way up when my rear driver's side tire exploded. It was 20 degrees out with winds of 45 mph. After a bit more than a half hour, I got the spare on. The hardest part was when the lug nuts were sticking to my fingers. Not a good feeling pealing those fellas off.
Finally made it up there. Dinner with Dad's side of the family.
Friday work expected me to come back for my shift. I told them that there was no chance of me driving 3 hours south for a 4 hour on-air shift then another 3 hours back up north to finish out the weekend. So, they got a sub for me. It would be different if I had family down here like everyone else, but that wasn't going to happen for me.
The rest of the weekend was somewhat relaxing. The only other thing that I did was go to my sister's performance in "The Nutcracker." It is become somewhat of a tradition to go see her the weekend after Thanksgiving each year. She, as always, did a remarkable job.
Hung out at my friend Tim's place with a few friends on Saturday night. Got home around 4ish. Watched The Bears win yesterday. (7 in a row) Then I got new tires put on my car. Then I was off to Effingham.
Although I had a traveling companion this time... somewhat. Talked with a friend from a long while ago, Janice, for about 2 hours. Ran my battery dead. (Hi, Janice.)
And now here we are. Just got off the phone with a mutual friend of Ashley's and mine. You can find out what I found out in the post below. Hope your weekend was as relaxing as mine was.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Joelle said…

    Are you still alive?? Haven't seen anything from you in over a week. I hope all is well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home