John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

4/22/2006

Internships

So, I hired an intern recently. Insert the Bill Clinton jokes now. She is 19, cute and very qualified. The last reasonof the three is why I hired her. She is studying marketing and wanted a job in radio for the past two years, so I gaveher one. She is not getting my dry cleaning and coffee for two reasons. The first, I don’t have much stuff that needsdry cleaning and second, I hate coffee. Instead she is contacting record companies to get some promotionalgive-a-ways for our station. We have a great deal of remotes coming up and we need crap to give away. So, she isdoing her job. She will soon be with me at several bar remotes over the next few months helping me give away stuff.I just got a call from another intern that is looking into marketing from Eastern Illinois University. This college is just 20 minutes north of us and provides several people that are looking for internships. All are unpaid, mind you. Iwill be meeting with this girl on Tuesday, and should everything shape out, she will be hired as well. Come the end of the summer, both will be looking for part-time jobs. I figure if they are willing to work their asses off for free,then if they get paid for it, we should get a great deal out of them! I just need to make them crutial to the innerworkings of the station before their internships are up so it would be impossible to let them go. But, we’ll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home