John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

10/17/2006

An apology

I must apologize to all the Bears fans out there. Last night's game was a real nail-bitter, and it is all my fault. You see, there is a reason behind each Bears win. The defense? No. Grossman's performance? No. (Did you see his game last night?!) How about the coaching staff lead by the incredible Lovie Smith? No.
All these things do assist the Bears, but there is one force greater than all of this. It is my official coach's Chicago Bear polo shirt. It is when I wear this that The Bears do a great job.
I didn't wear it last night.
I know. It should have been worn. It was a stupid decision on my behalf to go into work last night instead of say home where I could wear the shirt in the comfort of my own home. Selfish, really.
But, I got home right before the second half began. (Probably right around the time Jay-Z's video debut was goin' on.) I quickly put on the official coach's Chicago Bear polo shirt and things began to change in our favor. It takes a while to warm up, so that is why the beginning of the third quarter looked a little grim still. (On Sunday games, I put it on at 11:00 so the warming up is done by the time kick-off occurs.)
However by the fourth, most of the faith that Chicago had in the greatest football team that God has ever assembled had been restored. The official coach's Chicago Bear polo shirt was working it's magic once again.
So, once again, I'm sorry. I will never let this happen again. It was a very close call, but from this day forward - no matter what the commitment is, I will be sure to have my official coach's Chicago Bear polo shirt on at least one hour before kick-off and all the way through the Chicago Bears win.

Sorry.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Joelle said…

    I have to fess up also. I took my Bear's shirt off to work out and shower...I should have stayed stinky. I too, promise to not do it again!

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger John Mc. said…

    We must always remember the importance of our team spirit.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Looney73 said…

    All is forgiven as they DID win and a catastrophe of monumental proportations on national tv was averted.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home