John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

9/27/2006

Complexities Solved

Been thinking a little recently about stuff. (You have to think about stuff, don't you? You can't really think about nothing. You can think about the concept of nothing, but that would then be something negating the whole nothingness aspect of it.)
Anyway, it is pretty short and simple. It is simplification. It seems that in life, I tend to select the simple solution. It is usually the best solution. So many elements of life are riddled with complexities. Sometimes so much that we can't see what we started with.
However with simplification, there is little room for needless elements.
For example, I don't have a 700' HD tv. My 27" works just fine. I'm content with it. Would I like and HD? Sure, who wouldn't. However, I am not about to go out and buy one anytime soon. I have told several people recently that I haven't ever downloaded music for an IPod and haven't bought a CD in ages. Why? The music I like is on the radio. However, usually it is WLS that I listen to. (Newstalk station, for the out-of-towners that read.)
What do I look for in a woman? Simple. I don't want someone who takes an hour and a half to get ready. I don't need a super model. Just someone who is interesting and would enjoy laughing about stupid stuff over a pizza. That to me is a great date. I don't need the carriage ride through the city with the champagne and violin players. Jeans, T-Shirt and a Bears game is awesome.
Now, some may say that is just me being a guy. Nope. I think it is me just being simple. I don't need a lot to be happy. That is what I enjoy.
When it comes to life's problems, the simple solution is usually the best. It is also usually the first one that comes to mind. These situations are a little harder to explain. I can't really think of a good example of one right now either. But, when one comes up, you'll know what I mean. It isn't anything like playing the lottery over well-planned investing. It is more of a do with your life what you were set out to do kind of thing. Take the route that is the most comfortable, but be ready to take some bumpy roads to get to the comfortable one.
I know that I'm being vague and, in some cases, rather obvious. There is a certain "duh" quality to all of this, but that just means that you get it. I think.
I'm going back to more pondering... after The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. I'll be back with "random thoughts" before the night is out. I think I will do "random thoughts" once a week. It will be just a string of unrelated things on my mind that I will share with you once a week. Or, for as long as I feel like writing them. But, now, brain off so I can enjoy some leftist humor from Jon Stewart.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Looney73 said…

    Yes, I agree John, that simplicity is best. I like the phrase "keep it simple stupid".
    I too was very easygoing and did not need a lot to be happy when I was in college and did not have a lot. Biggest mistake, or event to to happen to me? I got a job and actually had significant money coming in! Then I started seeing all the toys and luxuries that I could not previously afford.
    Today I struggle at times with keeping my life simple again and not getting to wrapped-up in decisions and material things. It is a great philosophy that not enough people practice in our world!

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger John Mc. said…

    Glad you dig it. It works well for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home