John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

9/14/2006

Home Made Videos

I don't know what it is, and I don't pretend to understand it, but every time that I watch "America's Funniest Home videos" I crack up. I can't stop laughing. It is guaranteed. Whether it is the new editions or the old Bob Saget ones, I can't get enough. It is some degree of a guilty pleasure. I pride myself on having somewhat of a refined taste when it comes to entertainment, as you may have been able to tell by my previous movie reviews. However, the most poorly produced collection of crotch shots and fat guys ruining backyard pools cracks me up to no degree. There is no production value. There is no script or great cinementography. But, it always provides a great degree of laughter from me.
I felt the need to share this with you to get a greater insight into the person behind the words on this barely-read blog. What sparked this revelation was watching "Jack-Ass" on MTV2 this evening. I have seen this program before, and I shouldn't be as entertained with this program as I am, but yet, I can't get enough. The re-runs always make me laugh out loud. This is rare when watching scripted sitcoms. Yet watching the guys attempt a loop-de-loop on a skate board gets me goin'. I don't get it, but I know that I can't get enough.
I am even looking forward to "Jack-Ass The Movie Part II." If my friend Stretchy was still around, I'm positive that we would see it opening day together. Stretchy is more picky than I am with movies, TV and other forms of entertainment, but he is more obsessed with Jack-Ass than I am.
So, poorly produced videos of people doing stupid things are a greater form of entertainment to me than films like "Beerfest" where months of production value are poured into the final product. It's weird and strange, yet give me Johnny Knoxville testing out the potential of a cup over whatever Hollywood is putting out anyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home