John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

3/09/2008

Essays, Banana Bread and Twix

Yesterday I went out with a girl named "Elizabeth." She actually has a nickname of "Libby." I'm ok with this, because my sister's name is Elizabeth, so that would just be weird.
We met at an Italian restaurant for a glass of wine. It was going to be a brewery that I know of, but she isn't much of a beer drinker. I had just come from the school I teach at. I had set aside a day to let my students take make-up quizzes. I threatened to give her a quiz as well. I let her know that it wasn't going to be scan-tron, so a number two pencil would not be necessary.
I had a half hour before our date, so I wrote up an essay quiz for her to take. It was all the standard first-date questions. "Favorite movie, Pet peeves, Most attractive aspect(s) of John (Attach another piece of paper if necessary.)"
She let me know, via the quiz that she was a fan of peanut butter twix. I told her that while I enjoy chocolate and peanut butter, I felt it was unnatural to put them together. She also let me know a lot more about her, her family, where she had been, where she is now and, well we talked so much that one glass of wine didn't last us. We closed down the restaurant.
We had so much fun, that we broke a cardinal date first rule - we met up again the following day. We decided to get dinner at a different Italian restaurant. I decided to get her a small present on the way in. Apparently she thought the same thing.
She brought some home-made banana bread to help my arm heal. I let her know that I denied my principals and bought her some peanut butter twix. I found it great that we both brought small gifts.
We talked over appetizers, pasta, desert and long after. She found out that I had Wed. off of work so I could possibly get my cast removed if I'm better. She said it was a sign. She had a ticket for me to Othello that night. It looks like we will be enjoying Shakespeare on Wednesday.
A while back I made a list of what I'm looking for in a woman. Catholic, funny, finds me funny, easy to talk to, attractive, determined and strong in her beliefs. So far, Libby has gotten a check mark in each category. So, I'm taking this one sloooooooooow. And while I'm doing so, I'm really enjoying myself.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Christa said…

    Thats awesome John! So happy for you! Taking it slow is good! Just remember...its God's plan.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home