John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

4/30/2008

10 Truths

As you may know, I spent some time in Effingham, Illinois. Wow. The way I say that, it sounds like I was doing time. In reality, I made some incredible friends while I was down there. One of these people is Chad. He is the remaining member from Effingham that regularly checks out my blog. I don't know if that's an honor... or if I should feel sorry for him. Chad has challenged me to post ten truths about myself on my blog. You can read his here. I promised that I would think about them before I posted them, but haven't given them much thought until today. I will give this my best shot. Plus, keep in mind that these truths are as of right now and are subject to change without notice. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited.

1. God. I can't imagine my life without God. It is actually impossible. I go to church every week not because I have to, but because I want to. It is a great way to reflect on the previous week and focus on the next in the right light. I once heard a speaker say "When was the last time you left church saying 'That was a waste of time. Wish I didn't go.'" How true. Each experience brings forth a truth that relates directly to what I am experiencing in a day by day experience.
I also feel that the Catholic church is the one true church. I know that this is a bold and controversial statement. However, when in college I looked into MANY religions from Buddhism to Muslimism and all the different sects of the protestant religion. The closest religion to my own personal beliefs is the Catholic church. Back then I agreed with 99% of what the Catholic church stood for. With each day, I agree with more and more. I can't imagine my life without the influence of God and His church.

This brings me to my next point.

2. Beliefs. I don't make up my mind quickly. It takes me a while to settle on a decision. This is especially true with my political beliefs. I take an issue and mull it over for a long time. I don't make knee jerk reactions to an issue due to what I am told or what a political party agrees with. Whenever I hear evidence for one point of view or another I assume that it is biased and slanted. I listen to the other side as well and then work it over for myself. This is why I get angered when someone calls me a republican. I am not a republican. I'm John. I'm my own person and disagree with MANY aspects of the republican party. The main one being capital punishment. However, I'm getting off topic here. The most intelligent response to any issue comes from a healthy compromise of the brain and heart. This is why that I am undecided on several issues and why in a political discussion I will take an extreme point of view on a topic that I don't have a side on to see what the rood beliefs of one side are to learn more about the issue at hand.

3. My family life. Many people discuss their family life as turbulent and full of issues and problems. Not mine. I lived in nearly a Brady Bunch experience as possible. My folks are and were great. They did a remarkable job as parents. They were able to teach values and morals without making it seem as lessons. While my friends were able to see "R Rated" movies at 13, I had to wait until I was 17 to see them. I thank my parents for that. I see the unruly children of today who have seen all the "Chucky" movies and own "Grand Theft Auto" and thank God that my parents raised me right. They also did not curse in front of me. I can't imagine dropping the F-Bomb in front of a kid. That is beyond my comprehension and I plan to raise my kids the same way my parents did. They are remarkable at creating a loving and nurturing environment for the development of children.

4. I'm picky. Yup. I'm a catch and am looking for the perfect woman. I realize that she may not exist, but I'm looking for a woman close enough to perfect. She would have to hold true that which is important to me. (For example, my number one truth.) I feel that I'm worthy of someone great and will wait for her. I have a series of tests that I check my dates with. With every moment I evaluate. I grade very generously, but yet, no one has passed completely.





5. Advertising. I don't think that I'm influenced too much with advertising, however, I may be and not know it. What it has done is prevent me from patronizing several advertisers. In my 28 years on this planet, I have never set foot in an Arby's. I once nearly did so until I saw a commercial with an oven mitt that insulted my intelligence as a human being over the age of three. They could have had a 5 for 0 deal and I still wouldn't have visited their establishment. With Burger King, Wendy's and Taco Bell (Long live the Chalupa) available, I have no need for Arby's. However, my favorite three may have changed recently. I may change Wendy's with Arby's. Wendy's currently has a commercial that says "If beef was meant to be frozen, cows would come from Antarctica." This bastardization and blatant abuse of logic has prevented me from visiting Wendy's recently. Until they get this awful and intellectually insulting spokesperson for Wendy's off the air, I will do without their square-shaped burgers. The W.C. (White Castle to the lay person) has those anyway.

6. Between the sheets. I demand that my bed sheets and blankets be without wrinkles before I sleep for the evening. Why? I don't know. I'm not a tidy person. Anyone who has ridden in my car or seen my room know that I'm not one on order. However, a wrinkle-less bed is necessary for slumber. I don't question it, I just obey it.



7. Food. I have never gotten excited when I saw the waiter coming to the table with my food. I have never looked forward to a meal. I actually see eating as a waste of time. If there were a pill that I could take once a day that would satisfy my stomach and all of my vitamins and whatever else, I would totally partake. I wish I didn't have to eat ever again. Why? I don't know. I am also a picky eater. I dig what I know. Give me a hot dog, pizza, pork roast, polish sausage, chicken and rice or a great steak. When it comes to anything from the sea or Asia, I'm done. That's off limits. Strange? Weird? Close-minded? Perhaps. But, I know what I like and I know how to get it.

8. Tastes. I have a variety of tastes in entertainment. While I can continually laugh at "Dumb and Dumber " no matter how many times I see it, I can also see great accomplishments and meaning behind films such as "Schindler's List." My favorite movie is actually "Schindler's List." I know that people will find that weird, but to see Oscar Schindler fall upon the ground tossing his ring aside saying "That would have saved ten more," well, that is an awesome sight. And I mean "awesome" in the truest sense of the word. That is the only movie where I cried at the end. The same difference occurs with TV. I had to see every episode of "Rock of Love," but also am captivated by a documentary on comets. I especially love anything that has to do with psychology. (See previous post.) Yet, I have been known to catch a "Tom and Jerry" cartoon every now and then.

9. Da Bears. There is no greater football team. No matter the record, there is none better than Da Bears. Oh, and the owners, the McKasky's, (sp?) money-hungry douche bags.








10. Tree Huggers And Eaters. I will take one truth from Chad. (He's the guy who challenged me to write this, remember?) He doesn't trust vegetarians. I agree with him. They are weird. They don't make sense. PETA is almost as bad as the ACLU for the moral fiber of American culture. Sure, be nice to the planet. Be great to plants and animals. They share this planet with us. However, God gave us this planet to use to our best interests. This includes eating cows. God gave us the delicious steak for a reason. If you think that it is brutal or against human nature to eat meat, you are a strange weirdo. If corn screamed when you cut it down, would you stop eating that too? I don't agree with deforestation of our rainforest for condos or corporations polluting our planet. But, this doesn't mean that I will ever give up KFC to help the environment. These organizations have mentally beat the hell out of so many that I am nearly nauseous just talking about it. It was once said by Mary A. "Let them eat cake." I say "Let them eat SIRLOIN!"

Well, it has taken about an hour and a half, but there are ten truths about me. I encourage all who know me to add whatever they want to this list. I also dare everyone reading this to post ten about yourself. Either on your blogspot page or on your MySpace page. Let me know when you do. I want to read 'em.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah...the poor advertising may be because Wendy's just got bought out by Arby's...so I'm guessing both are forever doomed on your meal options list...

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger John Mc. said…

    Damnit!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home