John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

3/28/2008

Dennis

Think of the smartest person you know. Think of the most spiritual person you know. I know of someone who embodies both of these people. His name is Dennis Rich.
Dennis is so unbelievably smart that I don't understand what he is talking about. His research, to completely get it, would require me several years of schooling to understand in the least. This guy is working on incredible projects involving the atom.
He did work out here in Illinois. He worked out on the East Coast. He even went out to Germany for a time to progress his work. (He joined a country band out there!) He is in high demand due to his far superior intelligence.
Dennis has also found God. He has one of the most incredible personal relationships with Christ that I have ever had the opportunity to know. His words are like psalms. His thoughts, his prayers are worthy of another chapter in the bible.
I have had the honor and privilege of knowing Dennis. He is a person that I will never forget.
What I will never understand is why God would let him have cancer. I write this post with tears of great sorrow in my eyes. Dennis has moved home to hospice care and it isn't looking positive for his situation. We will soon lose an incredible person.
What he will leave behind is a great amount of connections with people. Not only did he connect with their personalities, but he connected with their hearts. The scientific community will be giving up an incredible mind. The Catholic community will be giving up a great spiritual person.
However, he did provide for us a blog that has been updated as recently as this St. Patrick's day. I pray this is not his last entry.
Should you wish to read the journal of a remarkable person, click the link below. I must warn you, that after one post - after one collection of comments, you may feel the incredible sorrow that I do.
Dennis, last year, joined me and several others at my home to watch Da Bears (His team) win against the Vikings in overtime. Hopefully he is able to do the same thing.
Dennis, may God be with you.


2 Comments:

  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. They can be a powerful thing collectively.

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger John Mc. said…

    I saw Dennis on Friday evening. Things are not looking too good. I doubt that he will write another post. I am possitive that he appreciates all the prayers and thoughts from everyone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home