John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

3/14/2008

Spring

I am so psyched. It is FINALLY feeling like Spring. I almost put the top down on my Le Barron today. Almost. But, I still had papers from my students in the backseat and I'm sure they would want their Mid-Terms back.
But, recently I heard my first birds chirping. I know that in about a week I will find it annoying again, but now, I welcome the change that shatters the silence of freezing cold winter.
Most people look for the first robin of spring. However, I lucked out. My first bird was a Cardinal. I'm assuming that is a sign that Spring will rock. I did see a robin today. I know, thanks to my Irish mother, that it is only good luck if the robin faces you. That bastard didn't, but the cardinal did. So, I think that means that I will have awesome luck this year and the robins can go to hell.
I also saw kids riding bikes today. That is something I haven't seen in years. Kids on bikes. I didn't think that this occurred since the advent of X-Box. They were racing each other and threatening to hit siblings just as I once did. How awesome. I remember going to a friend's house and would ask them "Wanna ride bikes?" This was an activity on our block that lasted for an entire evening. Just going in circles around the block... for HOURS! It was great. We not only rode our bikes, we played football, basketball, had our G.I. Joes dig in the dirt and played games like Mother May I and Red Light, Green Light.
On Summer break, my sister and I would wake up at an un-Godly 7am. We would watch cartoons for about an hour, get breakfast and then my mom would look out the window. If it was sunny, or not raining TOO hard, we were shoved out the door. "Come back when you are hungry for lunch." It was a quick lunch then told not to come back until we saw our father come home and we knew that dinner would be served. Then it was out again until the street lights came on. Then we would hear the call from our mom. No mater where we were in the neighborhood, we could hear our names called from the front stoop.
We reluctantly said good-bye to our neighborhood friends and headed for home. We were in bed and asleep by ten to do it all over again the next day.
Why doesn't this happen anymore? It's kind of sad. I don't even know who majority of my neighbors are. Oh, well. Perhaps during the next power outage when all the X-Boxes lose power we will meet up as they call their kids in for dinner.
I'm happy for Spring. So many things are in place and I thank God for His blessings. I enjoy my work. I have met Libby, who is great to hang out with and I look forward to meeting more. I am meeting up with friends. I am financially secure. And The Office returns on April 10th. Spring rules. Don't F this up for me, Tom Skilling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home