John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

9/07/2008

NFL Picks

It is that time again.
The weather is turning slightly colder. Chilli is starting to sound more appetizing. The kids are already complaining about school.
It is football season again.

Thank God.

It took long enough for it to start up again.
Some key changes:
Da Bears got better in some areas and worse in others. Thus, they should be the same as they were last year. (Not good at all)
Ricki Williams could be the come-back player of the year? (Whoever predicted that must have a contact high.)
Inside The NFL moved from HBO to Showtime. (Cancel your HBO, there is no reason to have it anymore.)
I had an awful fantasy football draft. (I still well up with tears each time I think about it.)
Brett Favre' is now a Jet. (But, still a whiny bitch. That hasn't changed.)

Now for the moment you have been waiting for, my NFL picks of the week:

I know that the Giants and the Redskins have already played, but I will pick The Giants anyway to get the points.
Upset: (Yeah, I'm that bold to start with one) OAK over DEN
MIN over GB (You are welcome for that WR, MIN!)
DAL over CLE
SF over AZ
SD over CAR
ATL over DET
CIN over BAL
NYJ over MIA (If I didn't pick the Jets, Favre' would start balling.)
SEA over BUF (Although, with BUF's new adjustments, this should be a good game. Perhaps my game of the week.)
NE over KC
NO over TB
PIT over HOU (Another good game due to pre-season moves by HOU.)
PHI over STL
JAX over TN
and finally, CHI over IND.

I know that the last one is a HUGE upset, but I have to do it. Plus, if I didn't, I would get hell from majority of my blog readers.

Enjoy week one. I know I will be!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't see Oakland over Denver being an upset. I think Denver isn't going to be as good. I think a lot of people don't talk about it because KC is soooo awful and my Chargers have put together a nice string, but Denver's on the downslide and I think Oakland's gonna win a few games this year.

    but, that's why they play the games and throw everything out when these two get together...

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    good call on the bears beating indy. i saw it coming too.

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok...so disregard what I said...obviously I'm suffering from the effects of a torn MCL and not having any "action" in the preseason...or it could've been that I was jinxed by not being on the injury report for the first time since 2001!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home