John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

10/20/2005

A Wedding and Farts

Damnit! I had a great post here, but the site never posted it. Got the "page can't be found" error. Damn blogger.com! Anyway, today is a new day. A rainy one at that, but still a new day. I'm pretty psyched about tonight. Going to Bolingbrook for Kareokee and meeting up with a few new girls that I've never met before. Figure I'd meet up with 3 or 4 and whoever wins, I'll accept their number. If there is a tie, the investment of a jello wrestling ring will finally pay off.
And I'm staying out until all hours of the night with the lucky winner(s) because I don't have a damn thing to do tomorrow other than get my tux for my friend's wedding and go to the rehearsal. Then we practice the reception afterwards at several Naperville establishments. At least, that's the plan for now.
Then Saturday all I have to do is walk down an aisle, stand straight and try not to laugh. Not that anything will be funny, but in serious situations it is hard for me to keep a straight face. I think it is the restrictions of the situation itself that I find funny. It's as if I told you not to think about a zebra. You picturing a zebra? Thought you were.
Church as a kid was rough. My sister and I knew that we weren't supposed to laugh, but the fact that we couldn't would get us goin'. I'd make her laugh or she would try to get me. And all we needed was the old man a few pews ahead of us to blow his nose weird and we were gone.
Why don't people laugh as much as they get older? With each year, people get more and more serious and don't laugh or enjoy life as much as they did as kids. That's a damn shame. My friend Josh is dating a girl with a 4 year old. The kid laughs ALL THE TIME! It gets a little annoying after a while. Until he bumps his head and begins crying, then you pray for the laughing to come back.
So, I find reasons to laugh. I watch Comedy Central, enjoy comedic movies. Hang out with enjoyable people. People who, like myself, still find farts, snot and poop funny. Once you loose that, you don't have a full life.
Oh, well. Guess I should get back to work so I can leave on time. And, oh yeah, Joelle, The Cubs? I can't believe you. I thought I knew you. GO SOX! GO BEARS! God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home