John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

11/08/2005

The Weekend

Wow, what a busy weekend. It actually started Thursday night. Went out to Sneaky Pete's on Thursday. It is one of the nicer bars in Effingham. Hit on the waitress. I started not with a pick-up line, but with "What's your name?" The response was "You should know." Apparently we had met before and I don't remember. I'm awful with names. Deal. So, after a while of playing that game, I grew tired and left. Never find out how I knew her, but I lost interest early on. My friend Drew was with me and we met up with some of his friends. One was a girl named Cheryl who made it her mission that night to set me up with someone. That night, her roommate Danna (or something like that - I told you I'm bad with names, right?!) "Fine." I told her. I would meet her on Sunday.
So, Friday night I knew that I had a busy weekend ahead of me, so I just stayed home and watched the final installment of those Star Wars movies. It was alright. It marked the first time I saw it, and probably last. I don't get Star Wars. Good series, but not a religion like these other freaks seem to think. Oh well.
Saturday I spent cleaning up my apartment. Top to bottom. Even dusted! Then it was out to my friend Gayle's home for a BBQ. Then back out with Drew and Bobbie joined us as well. Sang some Karaoke and drank some beer well into the night. Bobbie's friend Jenny joined us soon. And all three of them worked for a bar, that is now closed, at one point or another. So, we decided to have our final beer of the evening in the parking lot of the former "Sidelines Sports Bar."
Then it was up early Sunday morning for church then Bears football. Put some meet on the grill (5 lbs of beef and several brats) and had quite a few visitors to watch the games with me. Then it was off to Drew's home for a night cap. Drew is leaving for AZ this week, so we spent as much time with him as possible.
Got there and met up with Cheryl, but she said that I had just missed Denna (or whatever). But, she wants to set me up with her co-worker Lacey now. Whatever. Lacey wasn't there, but I was told that I'd meet her soon. K. That's not why I'm here and I'm doing well on my own, but thanks.
Didn't get home until about 3 from that one. But, I don't have to work early anymore, so no sweat. Got up at 11 the next morning and things were good.
Then today I get a call from Cheryl asking what I'm doing Sunday. She wants me to meet Ashley. Wonder who else is on the list between now and then. Oh well. As long as she doesn't expect me to pay her for being my pimp, we'll be ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home