John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

2/01/2006

5's

I just called up the company that services our "Electonic Message Center" or electronic sign for the radio station. They put me on hold while I was transferred to their tech support. While on hold I didn't get that boring-ass music, but instead U2's "Where The Streets Have No Name." I was a little upset when someone answered, I didn't get to hear the end of the song. Why can't more companies be this cool?
U2 is by far one of the best bands in the world. And we all know about Bono's efforts to better the world - none of them are only on one side of the political aisle, at least that I know of.

But, here is the top 5 rock bands in all of history:
1. The Who
2. The Rolling Stones
3. U2
4. Metallica
5. Collective Soul

Other notable mentions: Linkin Park, The Offspring, Green Day, Nirvana, Boston, Van Halen (Hagar days ONLY) and DC Talk.

Old Crap:
1.) Frank Sinatra
2.) Ray Charles
3.) The OJays
4.) The Beach Boys
5.) The Monkeys.


Rap:
1.) Run DMC
2.) Jay-Z
3.) Tone Loc
4.) Outkast
5.) The Black Eyed Peas

Country:
1.) Johnny Cash
2.) Willie Nelson
3.) Hank Williams Jr.
4.) Toby Keith
5.) Waylon Jennings

Christian:
1.) DC Talk
2.) Jars Of Clay
3.) Steven Curtis Chapman
4.) The Newsboys
5.) Audio Adrenaline

Wow, didn't expect this to become a listing of the greatest artists in each category, but guess It did. And these only reflect what I feel right now. I might have forgotten someone that needs to be on this list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home