John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

5/02/2006

TRLibral?

So, recently I was watching MTV. It is very rare that I am found watching MTV mainly because I forget that it exists. It's right around # 70 on my cable system and I have usually found something in the top 50 that will satisfy me before I land on MTV.
Anyway, when I did catch them they paused from "Pimp My Ride" or whatever the hell I was watching for an MTV News report. I was expecting to hear about how J-Lo has a new relationship, Tim Robbins has said something stupid at a political rally or how Britney has fallen two more notches on the White Trash board.
Instead it is an actual news story. They talked about the then heating up debate over illegal immigration. It wasn't a short 30 second or minute report that I was expecting, they spent about 5 minutes on the topic. It was so extremely watered down and liberalized that I became sick to my stomach. I felt like Bush Sr. eating sushi.
The little dumbasses that fill our high schools feel that they are informed? Not if they are getting their news from MTV! These kids probably can't even spell CNN let alone spot biased news reporting to begin with. Yet, they feel that they are informed enough to participate in political rallies, walk-outs and demonstrations. Well, they are eager to do so when it interrupts their school day, but a little busy on a Saturday afternoon.
Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to check www.colbertnation.com to get my daily dose of what's going on in the world. I can taste the "truthiness" now! Long live Stephen Colbert.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Looney73 said…

    MTV with a liberal slant? NO! Most music media IS Liberal. Take Rolling Stone magazine for example, how by the way is celebrating a milestone as they are publishing their 1000th publication. Sometimes I swear John Kerry or Ted Kennedy own and write for that magazine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home