John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

7/09/2006

About Last Nite...

Almost 10 years ago I met Laura Miller and a great deal of my friends at my first ever Happening weekend. (I think it was July 14th. For the actual dates of this weekend or any weekend, see The Happening's official records keeper - Laura) The Happening was a Christian retreat group for the youth groups in the area. Very fun and rewarding stuff.
Laura and I enjoyed it so much, that we continued to be involved with it for nearly 10 years. We got the opportunity to meet up with some really great friends. One of the people we got to know was Jason Levy. He also went on his first happening weekend with us. Little did we know that he had a good friend named Bill.
Soon Jason introduced the two and they began dating. They dated for about 92.8 years before getting married last night. (Well, maybe it just seems like that) The reception was at Argonne National Labs (Laura works there as an organic chemist) as well as where we got to stay. The picture on the right is an aerial view of the laboratories. To learn more about this interesting place, go to your local library or click on the picture. (Actually, you want to find out what that big circle is!) Anyway, we got a sweet room with four separate bedrooms and a living room, dining room and a kitchen on the premises. If you are ever staying in Chicagoland, see if you can have Laura hook you up!
They had a band. The food was good. And the drinks were had. From what I can tell, it was a good time had by all. Oh, and I kissed a girl.
So, congrats once again to Bill and Laura!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home