John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

7/28/2006

I'm Back

Sorry for the disruption in your service, but I'm back and I'm ready to keep you up to date on the fascinating world that is me. Or, at least let you know what I'm up to.
I'm back in Chicagoland. Came in on Wed thanks to the help of three of my friends, Tim, Sara(h) and Andy. After two days in my new surroundings, it is starting to become familiar. I am nearly completely unpacked and turning my focus to finding a new source of income. I figure I will be a waiter or something until a better job comes along. I'm at a weird holding pattern in my life. One where I have to be careful not to remain stagnant. It can be very easy to do.
I have also started reading from a book called "speechless" by Steven Curtis Chapman. He is a Christian music artist. I have had the book for years and have read it once already. He said that he nearly called the book "Hurricane of Grace." He said his reasoning behind that title was that he liked to visit Florida a lot. He got familiar with the surroundings and saw many old buildings vanish one year with a hurricane only to return the next year as something new. He goes on to say that sometimes the grace of God has to knock down everything to build something better on the same foundation.
I'm assuming that's what God is doing with my life. For some reason He has taken down the world that I knew in order to build a new one. What His plans are for the next few years, months or heck, even weeks - I don't know. It is a healthy combination of exciting and scary. But, with faith and hard work, surely something great will come of it.

A portion of:
The River
by Garth Brooks

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all...yes

I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry
Like a bird upon the wind
These waters are my sky
I'll never reach my destination
If I never try
So I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry

Right now, I must get my resumes good to go. (One for radio, one for the real world) Then it's time to hit the pavement with everything set on Monday. Meanwhile I will also have to get my demo cd's ready for the Chicagoland radio stations. It is really like an assembly line with those. I have my raw audio, CD burner, then CD labels, then cover letter, resume and finally letters of recommendation. Then they all go into a bubble wrapped envelope and it's off to the post office. But, that will take a back burner to me getting something temporary to pay the bills that have mounted.
I have several pre-written blog entries for you. I will post them between now and Monday. They range in topics from Bob Barker to Stem cell research to The true essence of Man. Intriguing? I thought so.
Tell your friends... I'm back!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Looney73 said…

    I feel for you with your career John. I am 33 and am still not 100% certain what I am suppose to be doing with my life. Every time I think I have found the right job and/or career to follow-up, God has a laugh and sends me for a loop. I actually am a little envious of you as you know you want to be: a radio dj. Now the hurdles come because you need to find a place to do this where there are not a lot of opporunities. You can also rest knowing that you do not have a wife and kid(s) to have to worry about. Enjoy this freedom and continue to work hard...God does have something big in store for you, as I know he does for me!

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger John Mc. said…

    Thanks, Mark. That means a lot. Something will happen. It will just take some prayers and dedication to the cause. I'm sure that when it does, it will be worth it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home