John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

7/10/2006

Post 150: Home(s)

For a long while I have lived in two locations. You have seen my allegiance to both represented on this blog. I have lived in Chicago and Effingham for nearly 2 and a half years of my life. Having grown up in Chicago for majority of my life and the fact that my friends and family reside there, Chicago will always be my home. However, my permanent residence is Effingham. I furthered my career there. I met some awesome people there.
But, as of right now, I don't have a place to call "home." And, yet I have two. For the past week I have been living in Chicagoland and started getting things in order for my eventual move back North. However, when I would refer to Effingham, I would call it home. When in Effingham, I would tell people that I’m moving back home. I soon began to question what the true meaning of the word is. Surely it isn’t just an address. Instead it is a place where you feel welcome. Somewhere comfortable. You have social connections there. Emotional ties run deep at home. The best attributes of humanity are found in a simple four-letter word – home. And I’m lucky enough to have two.
However, due to falsities, I am loosing one of my homes. I am going to be severing ties with some very important people in my life. While I have only known some of them a short while, the social community that I had been a part of in Effingham has meant a lot to me. It always has. A “city” boy from the north coming down to the “country,” surely I wouldn’t be accepted. And while most were leery (and still are) about the term “Chicagoian,” soon you realized that I was just like you. To be invited into your community, friends and families has meant the world to me. I sincerely hope that what we have created together will live on past the distance that will soon be created. Please don’t forget me when I’m gone.
So, as a celebration of our time together, I will be hosting one last bbq for everyone who has played a positive role in my life from the Effingham area. While the date is not set yet, it will be a Saturday and you will soon know when it is.You mean more to me than you will ever know. I am looking forward to one last time.


“Save Tonight”
By: Eagle Eye Cherry

Go on and close the curtains
Cause all we need is candlelight
You and me and a bottle of wine
Going to hold you tonight

Well we know Im going away
And how I wish...wish it werent so
So take this wine and drink with me
Lets delay our misery

Chorus:
Save tonight
And fight the break of dawn
Come tomorrow
Tomorrow Ill be gone

Theres a log on the fire
And it burns like me for you
Tomorrow comes with one desire
To take me away...its true

It aint easy to say goodbye
Darling please dont start to cry
cause girl you know
Ive got to go
Lord I wish it wasnt so

Save tonight
And fight the break of dawn
Come tomorrow
Tomorrow Ill be gone

Tomorrow comes to take me away
I wish that i....that I could stay
Girl you know Ive got to go
Lord I wish it wasnt so

Save tonight
And fight the break of dawn
Come tomorrow
Tomorrow Ill be gone


One last note: I will be taking an internet break for a while. This will give you the chance to catch up with the posts you may have missed, and give me the chance to catch up with some very important people I’m being forced to say good-bye to. Thank you for your understanding and your friendship.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger John Mc. said…

    Gayle,

    You are too kind. Thank you for your words. And you are right, we will meet once again.

    -John Mc.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home