John Mc

This is a collection of my thoughts. Some of the thoughts that I once had, I no longer do. Some thoughts I have now I have never had. Yet none shal be discounted. This blog is soley for the enjoyment of the author and the readers. On occasion the views expressed are overly exagerated in order to prove a point. Also there may be a dirty word or thought in some of the posts. Grow up and take this for what it's worth - a blog that barely anyone will ever see.

8/02/2006

A New Strain

So, I did something today I haven't done in a while. I have recently been working out here and there to stay in some degree of shape. I am not going over board and becoming some meathead, but lifting here and there, walking when I can and as of today, I've begun bike riding. I checked my brakes and tightened those. I somehow remembered the combo to my lock. I finally wiped down the dust that had collected on my bike and started out.
The trip wasn't far. Less than a mile. Probably roughly a half mile. But, it was only a few blocks into my voyage that I realized that I was now using muscles that had gone unused for the past 10 years. I thought one mile round trip wouldn't be a problem. After all, in high school I was a part of a 30 mile bike trip and felt great the whole way through.
Nope. My leg muscles were ticked at me. They kept asking "What did we ever do to you? Why such pressure? We promise no more charlie horses for two months. Just make the biking stop." But, I was already in the thick of things and kept on going.
Got to the store. Now it was time to go back. The uphill battle (literally) that I had endured at the beginning of my trip became a downhill coast. I peddled about twice as my bike reach speeds so great I heard a sonic boom. Dogs, children and compact cars were ducking and dodging out of my way as I rounded the corner.
But, I made it back before the rains came and I think I am done with any kind of physical activity for today. (Gotta pace yourself, right?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home